Tuesday 16 December 2014

Restaurant review : Smack Deli

I have heard a lot of great thing about Lobster and Burger but everytime I go there is packed and need to queue for a long time and ended up going to other places instead. I have heard they open another lobster restaurant in Bond Street, London not long ago so since I was there I went to have a look. Smack Deli opened on 3rd November 2104 by Goodman Restaurant Group.



You can see the lobsters from the window outside.
The restaurant is just minutes away from Bond Street tube station. It has a few people queuing to order and the restaurant is not crowed at all. I went there in the late afternoon which is probably not bad at all. I had lunch with my friends in the afternoon so I could not eat any of the lobster rolls but I decided to order for takeaway so Mr. B can try that too.
I ordered whole lobster and lobster chowder and thought I can make a nice dinner.

  Whole Lobster for £10 to takeaway or £12 eat in

  Lobster chowder for £4 takeaway or £4.80 eat in
 

I have used the lobster chowder as base and added some single cream to make it more like a sauce for my spaghetti  . The whole lobster is cracked and chopped in advance so it was so easy to take the meat out. I just put them all together and there you go the more simply / tastiest dinner is ready in minutes. Squeeze the lemon juice on top make it even better.

The lobster has a lot of meat and very juicy, the chowder is very good too. It has some vegetable and lobster meat inside. For the price of it I think is absolutely fantastic. Don't forget the mayo , it tastes better then a normal mayo, it is very creamy and eggy. I am not big fan with mayo but really enjoy the mayo it came with the lobster.

I will definitely try their lobster rolls when I go again next time. I think this is more like a fast food type restaurant rather than a sit down meal but they do have seats .







Address : 26-28 Binney Street , London W1K 5BN
Closest tube station : Bond Street (Jubline line )

No comments:

Post a Comment